Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

Well, it is that time again.  I guess it is almost obligatory that people post something about the New Year and the plans that they have.  I did it last year, and I am sad to say that a lot of the things that I was working toward, just didn't get done.  I guess that is how it goes with resolutions and such.  They get lost in the shuffle of every day life and before you know it 12 months has rolled by and you have run out of time.

That being said, 2011 wasn't all that bad really.  I met some new friends, got a few tools, made some progress in spoon design and I'm happy with my handles.  I've even made a few slingshots here and there.  I've got a list of things that I want to work on in the New Year, but I think I'm going to refrain from posting them here.  At least for now.  That way, at the end of the year, I don't have to look back and see all the stuff that I haven't done. 

I still need to work on sharpening, I'm going to watch the series of videos that Ben Orford posted again.  My friend Kepis posted about them just the other day and I watched them all again for the third or forth time. 

I've been on a cleaning binge around the house.   We have been really taking a hard look at all the stuff we have lying around.  Some of it has been donated and even more has been thrown away.  I am going to work really hard in the coming year to reduce the amount of things we have.  It seems our house is always cluttered with things that we just shuffle from one place to another.  We are actively cleaning things out, I just took a load of trash to the dump this morning.  I've got another load of things that need to go to Goodwill.  I've got things in the garage that need to be donated as well.  I'll tell you, it is a freeing feeling to get rid of things.  It also makes things like household cleaning so much easier and faster.

There isn't much woodworking or even spoon carving in this post, but I guess not every post needs to be about that kind of stuff.



Happy carving everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment