Thursday, September 2, 2010

Name Change and other odds and ends

I live in suburban Virginia, south of the City of Richmond.  The housing development is called Woodlake.  The name, the Spoonman isn't what I want to be.  I want to be a woodworker with a big focus on spoon carving.  I have hardly any tools, I am just getting my feet wet so to speak.  I am getting there, slowly, but surely. 

My drawknife should be here sometime early next week.  I am going this weekend to buy some odds and ends to make a shaving horse.  I am trying to find a half decent axe.  I think with those basic tools I can really start to move forward.  I need to learn about sharpening and how to REALLY hone my knives.  I need to make a space for working, the garage will be my workshop for now..I need to start treating it like one.  The list goes on and on and on.  But a tree does not grow in a day, but when it has grown it is a thing of beauty and majesty.  Maybe if I take my time and do things the right way, I can make something that is worthy of the tree it came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment