Saturday, August 21, 2010

Spoons and Salsa

I made and canned some homemade salsa today.  I think three of the four jars actually are going to seal.  Maybe..I can't leave them alone long enough I think.  We will see..if nothing else, we are going to be eating salsa for a while, for sure!

I also wanted to post a picture of three of my most recent spoons.  Front and back..The two on the left are carved from Black Cherry, and the one on the right is from a piece of Black Birch.  I must say, the black birch carves so nice and easy compared to the cherry. 

They all need some sanding still, the black birch has barely had any at all.  The two cherry spoons need some finish sanding before I can get some oil on them.  Anyway..here you go.

2 comments:

  1. I like Your Blog and the jelly. Those are some nice spoons.
    jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice spoon, spoon man. Talked to Patrick W. today he wants a spoon, man! Yum on the salsa, I think Connie was right we all have a bit of Mexican in us.

    ReplyDelete