Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Not now! My Blog is on!

I have a huge problem.  I mean a problem of such mountainous proportions that I just don't know if I am going to be able to fix it.  I tried to type this post about an hour ago.  Before I started I wanted to do some research.  I went to google images and typed in Wooden Spoon and pressed the enter key.  I wanted to see how many images came back.  2.5 MILLION.  Like I said that was an hour ago.  I have no clue how many pictures I have looked at, but my eyes are burning and these words seem to be running together on the screen.

Do you now have an idea of what my problem is?  If you haven't figured it out yet, I am addicted to wood based craftsmanship (or craftswomanship for that matter).  Did you just laugh?  I did.  But it was the slightly maniacal laughter of a crazy person.

To give you an idea of how bad things are.  I wrote a little poem about it.  Wanna hear it?  Here it goes.


There is Jon Mac, Robin Wood, Sean Hellman and the Silver Fox,
And from up north, Peter Follansbee who is carving a box.
There is Kari Hultman, Steve Ramsey, and that Wood Whisperer guy.
Barn the Spoon, Mathew Comer, Chair Notes, and Shavings that Fly.

There is that Renaissance site, Simon Hill, and Woodchuck Rings.
Yaakov, Donna, and Katherine turning bowls and other cool things.
There's Del Stubbs, Ben Orford, the Dwarves and the Scotsman Chris.
Back Creek Bushcraft, Bodgers, the Sharpened Axe, and others like this.

There are more that I read, that are on my long list,
Like my brother the BFC, and Jogge Sundqvist.
And many many more, that I just haven't found,
I'll find them I'm sure when I'm digging around.

One of these days, I'm headed back out to the shop,
With a shiny new axe and some fresh wood to chop.
I'll carve a spoon, or maybe a bowl from green logs
But until then, don't bug me, I'm reading my blogs.

I rest my case.  Only a 100% off his rocker crazy person would spend the time to not only rhyme those words, but cut and paste all the links.  They say that addiction knows no bounds.  I think they just might be right.

Happy reading, carving, wood working, to you and yours.

Oh wow!  Del finished his new shop.  Great news!  That means knives are coming to Woodlake very soon, very very very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment