Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Oatmeal Spoon and a trip to the beach

I just got back from the beach.  Well, I got back this past Friday, but then the holiday weekend kicked in, and before I knew what was happening I woke up this morning and it was Tuesday.  I was able to spend some time with my brother and his family last week, catching up, doing a little fishing, and of course, spending a little time carving a few spoons.  It was a beautiful week, lots of sun, nice temps, and was just what I needed after a few weeks of traveling for work.


I worked on a spoon while I was down at the beach, well two spoons I guess, but one is still a long way from being finished.  I've been pondering what to do with it, and then today, on a walk with my dog, it hit me.  Oatmeal!  I've been trying to get back into the habit of eating oatmeal for breakfast again.  Not only is it pretty tasty, but it also seems to stick with me for a while during the day and I am not starving so badly at lunch.  I spent a little time today thinning out the bowl and I left it with a knife finish, I'm happy with it.  Now it just needs a coat of oil and I'll be good to go.



Oh, that thing that it is laying on?  Just another project for another post.  More on that later.  I need to get my leather working tools out.  Thanks for reading.  Go make something with your hands, maybe even a spoon for oatmeal.  Its a great feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment